Saturday

Tell me something good...

Writers love to have written.

They say nobody REALLY loves to write- we all just like to be done with the task.  We like to hit the publish button and be done with it.  I guess that means I am not a writer.

I don't love to hit publish.  Don't feel I have anything particularly dazzling to say.  Haven't been faithful to keep any kind of schedule or plan for dispensing my secrets out in to the webisphere.  Nobody is waiting on the next word, big idea, or bit of wit I have to offer. 
I just like to write.  It's like playing in the mud.  The doodling and wiggling things around on the paper is therapeutic in it's own way.  That's why this has been an unpublished draft for so long.  It's not very good.

I'm just pushing around mashed potatoes with my fork here.  I guess the good news is there's no deadline or paycheck at the end of the day.  We can just tell each other stories and read each others ramblings.  Or not.  It's not the dispensing of national policies or revealing of secret recipes,  this is just playtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment