Thursday

Oh yes, I am.

I am one of "those" people. The ones who can't seem to get it together.

Those people used to drive me crazy. I used to wish they would get it together, do what they said they were going to do, be on time, finish the project, keep their kids in line....
but now I realize something I hadn't before.
Those people don't WANT to be a mess. Something is messing them up. Sometimes we just get in our own way, bite off more than we can chew, and miss the deadline because the kids are sick and the car broke down, and we spilled the entire carton of milk trying to get breakfast on the table.

What a hard way to learn grace. I wish now I'd been gentler with the ones who couldn't seem to get it together. I wish I'd helped more than criticized, cut them some slack, assumed there was a reason they didn't do what they said they'd do. After all, they don't mean to be a mess.
Now I know. Life is messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment